Deciding on the best daycare center for your small person is no easy task. There are so many aspects to consider when you are contemplating handing over your most precious cargo to a stranger so that they can nurture your child while you are not present. You want your child to be loved, safe, fed nutritional foods and taught the proper ideals. But if you add the concept of an Eco-friendly school into that list of requirements, the effort gets far more challenging.
If you are lucky, a loving, educational, earth friendly daycare provider is just a few blocks from your front door. But if not, here is a list of questions you might want to ask your facility before you sign your name on the tuition papers:
- Do the teachers smoke? If so, are they allowed to do so on or near the the school grounds.
- Does the school permit the use of pesticides on or near the school limits?
- What kind of cleaners does the school use? Are they environmentally safe?
- Has the staff been informed about what cleaners are safe to use around the children?
- What kind of floor coverings does the school use? Are the carpets wall-to-wall? Or are they area rugs that can be easily removed for thorough cleanings?
- Has the outdoor equipment been treated with harmful chemicals?
- Is the soil on the property safe of chemicals?
These are just a few of the questions you might want to jot down to ask your potential preschool. For more thoughts on the subject, click here.