I tend to be a pack rat. I save everything. Well, of course I will use that someday
. My husband always asks what I am going to do with that
. Lately, when he asks if I can use something, the word yes always come out of my mouth, even when I mean no.
For years, I have been saving all my old bed sheets. I have quite the pile stacked up in my linen closet. I decided to do some searching to see if I could come up with some ways to reduce my pile and I found a list of 20 things to do with old bed sheets
at Simply Thrifty. I knew of some of the ideas from my childhood and have used many of them as an adult. My parents used to cover all our garden plants and our grape vines with old sheets. My mom would take old bedsheets and the clothes we had outgrown and make rag rugs. I used to use them as a ground cover when I wanted to tan, as grease rags, cleaning cloths, dust rags as curtains and valances
. At this very moment, I have a folded sheet hanging from Savana's window over the blinds so that I don't get woke up at 5 am just because the sun shine woke her up.
Join me after the break to see the list of bed sheet uses.
1. Use them on your furniture or your floors for drop cloths when you paint
2. Make a unique looking laundry bag
3. Use an old sheet to make gift wrap
4. Cut them into thin strips and use for knitting
5. Cut them up and use to make and stuff throw pillows
6. Use them for a blanket at the beach or picnic
7. Crochet them into rag rugs
8. Make them into table cloths
or linen napkins
9. Cut them into dusting cloths
10. Use sheets for quilt backing
11. Donate them to your local homeless shelter
12. Cover your garden plants, flowers and fruit trees to protect from Jack Frost
13. Tear into strips and tie your tomato plants to stakes
14. Use them as dust covers for your stored furniture
15. Make gift bags
16. Make kitchen curtains
17. Let your kids use them for tents and forts
18. Use for a picnic or camping table cloth
19. Make slip covers
for your furniture
20. Freecycle, because there is always someone out there that can use your old bedsheets
I love all these ideas and will utilize them as much as will fit into my lifestyle. Leave me a comment and tell me what you use your old bed sheets for.