Make your own wedding invitations

Filed Under: wedding

homemade wedding invitationYou've set the date, time and location for your special day. You've debated over and have finally chosen the wedding theme that suits your personality. Now what about the invitations? Being the frugal DIY'er that you are, you can make your own memorable and much more personal wedding invitations that can save you quite a bit of money.

You can do something unique that won't look like the same invite that everyone else is doing. Homemade invitations can symbolize the special love that you and your soon-to-be spouse share. If you get stumped, there are many articles on how to make your own. wikiHow gives a great article with steps and tips on how to make cheap homemade wedding invitations. If you need help coming up with more ideas, enter 2n-invite.com. They have a free printable wedding template for you and free, printable unique wedding invitations, wording ideas, and hints on how to come up with a unique verse.

Making your own wedding invitations certainly does not mean you are being cheap. I think it is sweet and romantic. Plus, there is the advantage on how much money you will save. If you think it will be too much of a hassle and too time consuming to make your own invites, just think of that little fact. Money. You could splurge on something else for your special day with the money you save when you create your own special invitations that people will be sure to remember for years to come.

• Margie

I found loads of free templates and ideas on www.wedding-invitation-ideas.com - really easy to use.

• Ginger

If you're on a budge and you're in a hurry, there is this great company...http://idoweddingmaps.com/. They design your wedding maps for you and turn them around in seriously like 48 hours.

Once I received them, I added my own little twist by using my scrapbooking scissors to decorate the map edges and then laminated them, punched a hole, and tied a little bow through it. I thought it was a nice touch, because then it's not just like some paper to be thrown away and guests will probably save them. I couldn't believe how fast and cheap http://idoweddingmaps.com/ was.

• Nikki

With free fonts, lovely illustrations from dingbats and a bit of design skill you can easily make your own wedding invitations using your home computer and ink jet printer. There are plenty of ideas out there as well and you can pick up free downloadable templates easily, see for example:

The best thing is you REALLY will save a fortune!

Happy DIYing!!

• mandino

I have been looking for some ways to make the wedding invitations but the DIY isn't really for me, but my gf is really good with DIY. I got myself a DVD invitation letter instead. I got that idea from Silver Screen Invites and they can have my DVD done with a lot of customization.

• Shoaib

You can make wedding invitations easily with less effort and time. All you need is a quality paper sheet, some personalized ribbon and a printer... you can also purchase ready made invitations from party stores...

• Tom

I made some fantastic wedding invitations by simply mounting white pearlised card on black card and I wrapped some black ribbon around one end of the white pearlised card. They were simple but really stunning, got all my card and ribbon from Paper Mill Direct.

Bought

1 x pack pearlised card (white)
    1 x pick n mix card and paper box (black)
    1 x roll of black ribbon

Paper mill were really good value and I think I made all my invitations, rsvps for about a tenner. Going to start on the order of service now.

• vassy_man

• asma15

The truth is that black is a sexy and mysterious color that goes with any person’s skin coloring. This makes it an excellent choice for bridal wear.

• Nicola

Making your own wedding invitations is really easy. You can keep them as simple or as fancy as you like! The best thing though is you can add an individual touch to them as well.

For some DIY ideas on making your own wedding invitations, try: