My husband lived with a juggler in college. While they were roommates, Jason picked up some pretty good juggling skills. He's tried teaching me, but I have proven to be a slow learner in this realm. I think this video is just what I needed. If you're looking to add another cool skill to your party trick repertoire I'd suggest learning juggling with the Snap method. This video is teaches a simple way to learn the traditional three ball juggle.
Learn to juggle in 8 steps:
- Toss one ball head height. Start in your dominant hand and catch with your non-dominant hand. You can do it!
- Continue tossing the ball as you did in step one, but this time snap your other hand before catching it. Think of a metronome as you try to keep rhythm. Relax!
- Repeat step 2 with your non-dominant hand. Don't give up!
- Cycle the ball through each hand. Keep it continuous. Snap each hand between catches. Focus!
- Add in a second ball. Toss them head height, keeping a single snap. Master each step!
- Repeat step 5. Make it continuous. Think: snap, catch, catch. Breath!
- Add in your third ball in place of the snap. Master this step by stopping at three throws and catches. Don't forget to count it out. Finish strong!
- Once you've got the hang of it, keep going. Enjoy, teach and show off!