Head in a jar

Filed Under: seasonal, Crafts, photography

Head in a Jar by Madhauscreative.comDo you have any idea how difficult it is to get a head into a jar? I mean, sure: you can try to squeeze it into a bulk mayo jar with a wide mouth. But believe me, that skull is going to get in the way. And you can't just go around beheading people until you find a head that's the right size to actually fit: that would be totally uncool, and it would keep you from getting invited to the better Halloween parties.

...Or so I've heard.

But faking it? Faking it is easy. Check out these Head in a Jar instructions from Mad Haus Creative.

All you need is a large jar -- the sort that looks like it might be large enough to hold a head -- and a photo of a corpse-like face. In this instance, the photo is a texture map created for 3-D animators. Print it out, pop it into the jar, push it around until it looks right (or, more to the point, utterly sick and wrong), maybe add some hair... and bam, you're in the garage scene from Silence of the Lambs.

Deeply squicky, yet almost completely effortless! That's my kind of scary.

Source

• Francesca Clarke

Ok, this one is right up there. Totally disgusting, and very cool! I love the idea of using a picture. It looks great, and so simple. Thanks!

• Megan

I will admit, that's pretty freaking awesome!

• Megan

I will admit, that's pretty freakin' awesome!

• PLATEHEAD1

It looks like my neighbor

• PLATEHEAD1

That looks like my wife.

• JANIE

HEY, THAT AINT YOUR WIFE. THATS MY EX-HUSBAND FOR SURE. PRETTY UGLY, HUH!!

• yazul42

That does look like me,,,you are right Janie,,,,,

• anch

wHAT WILL THEY THINK UP NEXT!!!!!!!!THATS HOT

• chris

I thought the said GET head in a jar!,...

• tinman

DO NOT TRY THIS - AT HOME OR ANYWHERE ELSE! actually, you could stuff a real head into a jar, although admittedly it would take a wide-mouth jar. You simply crush the skull (sort of, like when you crack an egg). this allows for flexibility. the problem, then, is the volume of the brain mass, which can be alleviated by removing it with suction through the nostrils. to get it into the jar, wad up a chunk of paper, drop it to the bottom of the jar. ignite it and quickly place the head over the opening. when the burning paper uses up the oxygen in the jar, it will create a vacuum, which will suck the head into the jar. fill the jar with preservative and voila! happy haunting.

• tinman

DO NOT TRY THIS - AT HOME OR ANYWHERE ELSE! actually, you could stuff a real head into a jar, although admittedly it would take a wide-mouth jar. You simply crush the skull (sort of, like when you crack an egg). this allows for flexibility. the problem is the volume of the brain mass, which can be alleviated by removing it with suction through the nostrils. then, wad up a chunk of paper, drop it to the bottom of the jar. ignite it and quickly place the head over the opening. when the burning paper uses up the oxygen in the jar, it will create a vacuum, which will suck the head into the jar. fill the jar with preservative and voila! happy haunting.

• tinman

• ???????

Pretty cool, but UGH! Who would want a head in a jar anyways?

• shaka9109

I just love that this is posted under the heading "seasonal crafts."

• ODHorror

I love it!

But nothing beats a real head in a jar....

:D

• PamelaR

I wonder if I could do this with my live-ex-boyfriend??/ LOL.

• Pamela T. Rose

CAN I PLEASE PUT ROGER IN THERE~~~JUST KIDDING!!!

• Pamela T. Rose

CAN I PLEASE PUT ROGER IN THERE~~~JUST KIDDING!!!