We all know that coffee grounds
have many uses, but did you know that coffee filters can be used for more than just holding your coffee grounds? The coffee filter is the first thing that I reach for when I need to make a new pot of java, but they come in handy for all sorts of little chores.
Valli on gomestic.com
writes up a fine article on 10 amazing uses for coffee filters
. They really are amazing, and I have tried many of them with success. Here is her list:
- Cover a bowl of food with a coffee filter to prevent splattering when cooking in the microwave.
- Coffee filters can shine your mirrors, TV screen and your computer monitor.
- Prevent rust in your stored iron cookware by placing a coffee filter in it to absorb moisture.
- Clean your glasses with a coffee filter and they will be lint free.
- Place a coffee filter over the drain hole in the bottom of a planter so the soil won't leak out.
- Cork bits get into your wine? Use a coffee filter to separate the wine from the cork bits.
- Coffee filters can keep your fingers clean if you serve a messy hot dog or popcorn in them.
- Put baking soda into a coffee filter and insert into shoes or a closet to absorb or prevent odors.
- After deep fat frying, use coffee filters to help catch the small food remnants from the oil.
- Use a coffee filter to prevent spilling when you add fluids to your car.
I use a coffee filter to cover my food so my microwave
doesn't get dirty, and it works great. I wear glasses to read and I also need them when I am on the computer, and I used a coffee filter
to clean my glasses, and was totally amazed and happy with the results. Try the uses and you'll be amazed too.