What table would be complete without handmade Thanksgiving place mats
to wow your guests? Since place mats can be very expensive, you can get the kids involved in making place mats that the guests can take home, if they so choose.
The Holiday Spot has five excellent ideas for making handmade Thanksgiving place mats with your kids
. The five ideas are:
- Walk in nature place mats: Take the kids on a nature walk, help them gather materials, then help and supervise them as they construct awesome place mats made with wax paper, an iron, and the materials they gathered on their nature walk.
- Thankful place mats: Page through old magazines and cut out all the pictures of items they are thankful for, arrange the items on wax paper, and iron.
- Leafy fun: Place some leaves you have gathered from your nature walk on some white paper and have the kids color the paper. The end result will be a festive, leaf printed place mat.
- Turkey hand place mats: Have the kids trace their hands on construction paper. A great gift idea for the grandparents.
- Corn cob designer place mats: You will need fabric, fabric paints, corn on the cob, and corn cob holders. Dip your ear of corn into the paint, and roll the ear of corn on the fabric. Your kids can make any design they choose, and again, this would make an excellent gift for grandparents.
The Holiday Spot has complete, detailed instructions on making all the place mats
. These place mats
would make excellent additions to some outstanding Thanksgiving
ideas we have presented to you here on DIY Life, such as edible place cards
, handmade napkin rings
, and this Thanksgiving centerpiece
. A table would not be complete without making a Thanksgiving cornucopia
. Just more reasons why I love Thanksgiving, and have so much to be thankful for.