broken glass on tableDid you have to cover all your wood tables with tablecloths this Holiday season, due to stains you didn't have any clues on how to remove? White heat stains, steam marks and water rings can make wood downright sad and want to hide from prying eyes.

You can use an iron to remove white heat stains from your wood tables. By placing a towel over the offending white mark, placing your iron that is set to "steam" on the towel, and removing the iron after nearly one minute, the stain should be gone. Wipe up any moisture left by the iron, and you should have a stain free table that should show no damage from the steam iron.

If you don't have an iron, you can try toothpaste, baking soda, olive oil, salt, vinegar and these other stain removal methods. I don't know about you, but I'll stick with the iron. I know that all the methods mentioned do work, but I like to do things in a hurry, and a steam iron is the fastest method for me. How do you remove stains from your wood furniture?

Source

• Judy

I just bought a brand new dining room table and someone put a hot dish down without a pad and it made several white heat marks. I tried the toothpaste and that did nothing. I was very worried about trying this steam iron idea but I figured the table was already ruined. I used the steam iron but only for about 15 seconds. I was totally amazed. It worked like a charm. A little polish and my table is like new. Thanks so much for this fantastic idea.

• Kristen Marklevitz

This did not work for me!! Now instead of 2 small white spots I have 1 HUGE white spot...plus the heat took off the finish of the table. I left the iron on for about 50 seconds!

• Andrew

Vhevk out this article on removing white rings and water sports from furniture:

• maryg

It kind of worked, I was so excited, but as soon as it cooled of the stain came back but I do have to say the stain is much better. Before it was a scorch white mark now its very light but I still want it gone any suggestions.

• furniture

I often use absorbent paper to remove stains from wooden furniture. I don't think it's a good idea to using an iron. More details, pls visit http://www.made-in-china.com/Furniture-Furnishing-Trade/99921i2999999/Furniture-Furnishing-1.html

• Diana@ white wood furniture

I am so glad to have this post because, I really face problem of spilling. I think this idea is really great and helpful for me to maintain my furniture. Thanks for sharing.