Did you know that vodka has no scent? It does, however, have the ability to kill bacteria. That's what makes it the perfect antidote for musty smelling clothing that's been in storage. Spray the vodka on, hang to dry, and your clothes are as good as new!
That's just one new trick I learned in this article
from Real Simple
about surprising household deodorizers. Others include:
- throwing lemon or orange peels into a stinky garbage disposal
- eliminating freezer odor by wiping it down with a little vanilla extract
- soaking plastic containers in baking soda, glass containers in a mixture of powdered mustard
- using baking soda on rugs or furniture that need freshening up
- eliminating that damp smell from your basement by leaving a cut onion down there overnight.
is also an important part of any homemade cleaning kit, as any loyal DIY Life
reader probably knows. What kinds of tricks do you have for ridding your home of pesky odors?