What do you want out of a bathroom cleaner
? I know I want to disinfect and deodorize, above all. Getting the hard water stains off the toilet bowl would be an excellent bonus, and soap scum removal off the tub wouldn't hurt either. This recipe will do all these and more. It is the only cleaner you will need for your bathroom -- although I guess you wouldn't want to use this one on your mirror!
- 1/3 c. baking soda
- 1/4 c. borax
- 2 TB to 1/4 c. grated soap (or soap powder)
- 10 drops pine essential oil
- 20 drops lavender essential oil
- 5 drops tea tree essential oil
Mix all ingredients and use this as you would a Comet-type cleanser. Simply sprinkle and scrub! Store in an airtight container.Kitchen Cleaner
Disinfecting countertops is numero uno in my kitchen
. Since we are crazy -- and messy -- cooks, I also need something to degrease the counters and stovetop.
- 1 TB baking soda
- 2 tsp. castille soap (such as Dr. Bronner's)
- 1 c. water or oregano hydrosol
- 3 drops oregano essential oil (only add this if you are using water, not hydrosol)
- 8 drops orange essential oil
- 8 drops lemon essential oil
Heat the water and baking soda until the soda dissolves. Remove from heat and gently add the castille and essential oils and pour into a spray bottle. Spray surfaces and wipe with a clean cloth or damp sponge.