Sleep is one of the most important parts of our day, so why do we take our pillows
You may say that it doesn't matter, that you can sleep on any old pillow, be it fluffy, flat, firm, or mushy. However, your pillow can -- and usually does -- affect your sleep quality. In this busy time, don't we want to get the most renewal points possible out of our night's rest?
Believe it or not, there is a method to choosing the perfect pillow
for yourself: Web MD
says you can alleviate headaches, neck and back pain, and even allergies by taking the time to learn how. I'll share some guidelines after the break.
If you sleep on your...
- back, choose a thinner pillow.
- stomach, your pillow should be almost flat.
- side, a fluffier pillow will align your body better.
- If you sleep on a very soft mattress, you may want to opt for no pillow at all.
- Foam pillows may emit unpleasant odors.
- Higher density foam pillows will not break down as easily and will give firmer support.
- Experts say down pillows may be the best choice for overall comfort.
- It's a myth that feather pillows cause allergies; studies have shown that they may be better for allergy sufferers than synthetic pillows.
For more details, visit Web MD's article on choosing a pillow
; you can also read there about the different types of pillows that are available, like cervical pillows, cool pillows, and water pillows.
What are you waiting for? Now that you know how to choose a pillow, let the shopping -- and the good nights' sleeps -- begin!