? I bet you thought red, white, and blue would be the appropriate colors for an Independence Day BBQ, not green.
Think again. Clearly, most people are interested in doing even little things to help keep their families healthy and preserve the environment in this age of toxins and pollution. Here are some things you can do to help while throwing a bang-up July Fourth party:
- Skip the plastic plates and cups. Go for anything recyclable or reusable, even bamboo.
- Natural gas grills pollute the air less than charcoal grills.
- Don't shoot off polluting fireworks at home. If you'd like to enjoy the big boomers, find a town celebration nearby.
- Serve up local, organic food, which causes less transportation pollution to the environment -- and your food will be super-fresh.
- Throw a potluck party to share resources.
You'll find more details on how to have a greener Independence Day
in Greenzer's article. So fire up that barbie with a clear conscience!