Some would say so. I became more convinced after I read an article expounding on 10 reasons to shave with a straight razor
. The reason I was so interested is that I've been a cup 'n brush man since I was 17 years old. I won't say how many years it's been since then. I was forced to use the foaming goo in A.F. boot camp
and hated it.
The 10 reasons are compelling:
- Save money. I can relate; I use a Merkur safety razor. You know, the double-edged blade like gramps used? About a buck and a half for 10 blades.
- Go green. It's true, why keep throwing away all that plastic?
- Be a macho man. Or babe.
- Pamper yourself. True, like using real shaving soap, you'll get a real shave, not a scrape job.
- Get in on the ground floor. Like the man said, straight razors are on the cusp of cool!
- Embrace danger. Are you bold enough after watching Sweeney Todd? Where's that jugular again?
- Make new friends. Hey, if people can get together to make scrapbooks, they can get together to shave.
- Take up a new hobby. Shaving as a hobby? Why not?
- Learn a new trade. What, you've never fantasized about living the exciting life of a barber? Liar.
- And (drum roll), channel your Grizzly Adams. Don't try to tackle that mane with a disposable razor!
[Via onlyknives](This post has been edited since publication to correct a photo error.)