Leave it to Better Homes and Gardens
. Somehow, they're able to inspire me without making me feel like a second-rate Martha Stewart
Since we joined our CSA farm
last year, it's been a pleasure to have new fresh flowers
in the house every week. BHG has created a gallery of flower arrangements
that can be done in five minutes, and that look positively stunning. Some of their winning combinations:
- poppies surrounded by hosta leaves
- geranium leaves, roses, and trailing vines
- lavender stems and geranium leaves
- hydrangeas with bachelor buttons
- mounded zinneas with bleeding heart foliage
What I really love about BHG's arrangements is that most of the blooms could be found in your own garden, or even in a wild flower field. That makes these arrangements economical, too.
I've been combining wild yarrow with daylilies and daisies for a pretty display on my kitchen's center island. What's you favorite quick and easy flower arrangement?