How to Build a Wood Storage Box

Filed Under: Experts, Eric Stromer

Sometimes, a pile of loose firewood can be an eyesore next to an elegeant fireplace. Consider building a beautiful wooden storage box. There's one secret to doing it right. Get it here.

• John F.C. Taylor

Oh, come on! If they've got a fancy fireplace, they aren't going to have ugly firewood. It'll be those neatly trimmed logs that probably cost several times what it'd cost to go do it yourself. That plus they'd probably already have a wood box or rack for the firewood anyway to go along with the fancy fireplace. Besides, firewood isn't for "display", it's for burning. If you're concerned about how firewood looks, you've got some serious issues that need addressing other than a pretty place to store the wood.

• lennon

most wealthy people won't DIY to save the $, however those of us who do won't have that fancy of fireplace. there are some practical and easy $ saving tips at Http://bit.ly/SavingIdeas as well as some freebies to make DIY projects easier in the future.

• len

• Cathy

I LOVE Eric Stromer! He makes everything looks so simple. Http://www.kitchenremodelinginfoguide.info My kitchen is my next project - HELP Eric!

• TOM H

WHO CARES HOW A WOODPILE LOOKS YOU SHOULD BE GLAD YOUR WARM.THIS ARTICLE WAS WRITTEN BY SOMEONE WHO NEVER PISSED IN THE SHOWER

• Hank Melton

I almost pissed my self when I read that, That was some funny shit and I totally agree lol

• a sabatino

hey buddy i got a good laugh from ur comment .u sound like a crazy normal guy. take care

• gottabkiddn

I never knew that you 'displayed' firewood. I display mine in the back yard by the shed
    between two fence post, then I display it burning in my fireplace. Too much time on their
    hanks, im afraid.

• Robert

I have three fireplaces and don't store wood alongside any of them. I DO like the look of my neatly stacked 2 cords outdoors alongside my garden shed. The only other way I want to see it is burning well on a snowy night

• Ralph Zuccaro

In my case, with that kind of a wood storage bin right next to the "REAL FIRE PLACE", when having a party with friends and Drinking a little, some would mistake this bin for the REAL Fire Place and start a fife therein!!! That would be real nice????

• a sabatino

if ur drunkin friends r like mine they would burn the fire box got a good laugh thanks