Organize in style with these DIY colorful bookshelves! Photo: Laura Plouzek
Our friends at ShelterPop are back at it again with excellent DIY-able advice. This week? Learn to make these kid-friendly, colorful bookshelves that you can arrange and re-arrange to your heart's content.
What you'll need:
- A jigsaw or similar saw
- Sandpaper/electric sander
- Wood screws
- Powerdrill and/or screwdriver
- Wood glue
- Measuring tape
- Pencil and paper
1. Use your saw to cut your lumber pieces to the length that you need.
2. Use a vice or clamps to hold the pieces together and use wood glue to join the corners of the lumber together. When they are dry, drill wood screws into each corner for reinforcement.
3. Sand down all of your edges.
4. Paint your boxes. Laura used high quality spray paint, but any thick, interior household paint or craft paint for wood will work just find.
5. Stack boxes into alcove and enjoy!
Isn't the look adorable, colorful and unique? I can't wait to try it myself!