Photo: Virgin Media
... instead, follow these simple steps
to take out the bitterness in a pinch!:
1. If rice is fully cooked turn it off. If not let it on a low setting.
2. Uncover the pot of rice and place three slices of white bread over.
3. Cover it and let stand for about 20 minutes. Uncover take slices of bread out and discard.
4. Taste the rice, if it still has some bitterness place two more slices of white bread over it for about 10 minutes.
5. Uncover by this time your rice is ready to eat and no one will notice that it burned.
6. To get rid of the burned odor of rice, cut a big onion in half and place it next to the stove.
Easy peasy! Now I wonder how you take the bitterness out of burnt bread? Perhaps a bed of rice? ;)