Photo: Dowdy Treasures
Happy Black Friday! Hopefully you've shopped 'til you've dropped today --- now it's time to make something to put those gifts under! Of course, this toothpick Christmas tree
isn't quite the right size, but it's cute nonetheless. Why not place a few on your mantle for a sweet holiday touch? Check out the tutorial below!:
1. Go to your local craft store and buy 15 medium-size styrofoam balls and a round styrofoam ring.
2. Spread out newspapers on your work surface.
3. Take a styrofoam ball and stick toothpicks all around it so the end result looks sort of like a big snowflake. Do the same thing to all the styrofoam balls.
4. Set out your styrofoam ring. This will serve as the base of the tree. Place the balls around the ring.
5. When you've covered the ring, create a second layer. This layer will be a little smaller than the bottom layer.
6. When you've completed the second layer, create a third. This layer will be a little smaller than the second layer.
7. At this point the tree shape should be clear. Keep adding layers until the tree is complete.
8. When you've finished forming the tree, take out your can of snow and spray, spray, spray! You want a nice, thick cover, but you'll have to build it up slowly. Be sure to let each coat dry thoroughly before adding the next.
9. Once you have a nice snow-covered tree, add the ornaments... carefully. You now have a toothpick Christmas tree!