I just purchased a new home last week (yay!!!), and the living room fireplace is one of the ugliest around. Fortunately, with these key ideas from our resident decor expert Kelly Edwards, I'll transform it into eye candy in no time!:
Here's the breakdown, straight from Kelly herself:
1. The first step is to thoroughly clean the inside of your fireplace.
2. Next, use a heat resistant paint to paint the inside of the fireplace a dark color. Black is a good choice.
3. For a rustic yet modern look, fill the interior of the fireplace with wood.
4. Or, cover the fireplace with a mirror to dress up the area, and to open up the room.
5. Lastly, for a fresh and airy look, try putting a few flowers and plants inside the fireplace.
With a bit of paint and some styling tricks, your fireplace can light up the room in no time. Thanks, Kelly!