Rodent-Proof Your House

Filed Under: Experts, Eric Stromer

Rodents can be a real nuisance once they find a way into your home. Learn how you can stop them from getting in at all.

• Peter Maizitis

Would be great if you did a video on chipmunk and squirrel infestations in the garden and apple and peach trees. Thanks!

• Cheryl

Wow! I'm going to try this! I've had Chipmunks in my house and some mice! Http://www.homeremediesguide.info I love Eric Stromer and the quick tips he gives us!

• Stephanie

I live in an area where there are no rodents - thank God!!

• Rosa

I have a better way. Go to your local animal shelter and adopt some kittens/cats. They will also rid your yard of moles and other vermin. They also like to suprise you with these presents. Take loving care of them and they will love you unconditionally for their lifetime.

• Lee Hanscom

Use a 5 gal. bucket 3/4 full of water sprinkle sunflower seeds on top of the water place a ramp up to the top of the bucket sprinkle seeds up the ramp.
    The little buggers will jump into the bucket to get the seeds and drown. I have gotten 5 at one setting

• Tess

I love Eric Stromer and the tips he gives us! Http://www.homeremediesguide.info I've had mice in my house - I'm going to try this!

• Barbara Johnson

I bought a "wave attack" 3 years ago after experiencing a sudden increase in the mouse population in my house. I also sealed up any places where I thought they might be coming in, but ever since I plugged in the device...it's fairly small and emits a very high frequency sound which humans can't detect but mice, and a bonus I've discovered bugs too, do not like it and I haven't seen a mouse or a bug in all this time. One of the best darn purchases I've ever made. I think it was 50 bucks...worth every penny since I was filling several traps a week and rather than remove the mice I just threw the whole thing away. This is NOT an ad for the device...I'm just saying the thing works and I am one happy user.

• RJ

I bought one too, but it didn't work, or at least it wasn't 100%. Mice still came into our bedroom, and immediately began nestng in my sweater drawer. It is amazing how much damage they can do in a short time.

• Ed

Dogs and cats can hear it too.

• Billy

I'll tel you what I done to rid every thing that crawls if you've only got a crawl space. Buy a bag of Magnolia lime( it's a burning lime) use long gloves and cover the entire area under the home. You will never ever see a creature of any sort again

• Ray

A quality builder doesn't leave openings and spaces while constructing a residence. Everything should tight fitting to start with.

• doris

not everyone is fortunate enough to live in a brand new house.

• Anne Sennish

I wish you'd print this information, as I need it but cannot play videos. Don't know why; they just don't work.

• cheenna

I'm with you Anne ... wish they would print the instructions. I have dial up and like on youtube, I can download, then replay with no problem but not here or even on most DIY sites. Guess they are strickly for the elite with DSL

• lnb

He left out the best rodent remedy. Get a cat!!!

We have 2 cats. No mice or rate!!!

• Loni

I have a cat and she loves to catch mice. The only problem is that she catches them and brings them in the house, then lets them go. So then i have a rodent problem.

• jennifer

I have 2 cats. The youngest caught a mouse at 230 am in my bedroom. Nice wakeup call... eeeek eeek eeek. I seperated the mouse and cat and the mouse made a speedy getaway.

• tony

i have 2 indorr cats,they sit on a stool and watch the mice,big help,lol.

• Rob

Now all we need to do figure a way to get Obama out of our Homes?

• JERRY

Rob As adults we must when it's necessary deal with the subject matter, stop politicizing everything.
    It's not humorous or cute you are hopefully out of elementary school, stop being the class clown.
    Allow your brain to grow with your body which will give you completeness as an adult.