Member Since Aug 16th, 2008
Are you piekid? If So, Login Here.
Feb 13th 2012 12:28PM *Great* article. I often have the same questions involving family and explaining my WoW hobby. When it's raid time, my dad always says, "So you're gonna go play your 'game' now?" and my mom calls raid my "appointment". She understands it more than him, and oddly I like her term better. It sounds more important.
Jan 9th 2012 7:34PM What Emile said... plus some.
Arcurion casts the ability called Chains of Frost, which roots players in place. The boulders are actually thrown by adds that are above players, on the sides of the canyon. The range of the boulder hit is what those circles indicate. You can't avoid the roots, but you should definitely be out of the circles as much as possible, so you don't get rooted into where a boulder hits.
As for Mannoroth and Varo'then, the biggest damage dealer in the fight is an ability called Magistrike Arc, granted to the player via the 'elven magic' from in Varo'then's sword embedded in Mannoroth. From what I can tell, it is procced from your abilities, so the best way to utilize it is to use instant abilities, no matter how small their normal damage is. Heh, isn't everything instant for a feral? Just do your best to keep your Berserk and Tiger's Fury going, spam abilities with low energy cost, and thanks to the short 'swing' time for a feral's white damage, it should be easy to scrape out 100k+ on this encounter. (I'm not sure how dots work with that ability.)
Thanks for this guide. I always like to read about how to approach fights from specific specs, especially when it's an alt that I love, but that I just don't know every trick for.
Jan 6th 2012 7:24PM I'm leveling a warrior atm, lvl 50, and I agree with 95% of this. My only difference is the huntards. lol
1-6) Amen, and they apply at max level too! (Well, notsomuch with #3.)
7-9) Amen again.
10) Either it's just you, or I have the worst luck in the world. I started tanking the moment the Dungeon Finder opened up, and I can recall being shocked that the huntard in the group wasn't a complete moron on TWO occasions. I've had two decent hunters in 35 levels worth of dungeons. (I don't quest on tanks.) That's just ridiculous.
11-12) Amen, hallelujah. If someone starts to lecture (mostly see #14) I tell them to shutup or get out. But I'm a bitch. lol
13) Thanks to all the assholes I've had in the past while leveling my other tanks, I just don't care about the group's mood anymore. I'm the driver of this dungeon, either shut up and wait for us to get to our destination or I'll pull over and you can get out.
14) See above^^
15) This is a nicer commentary about low level DKs than I would give. I hate those mother%$ers. Mostly because they roll on my tank gear even though their stuff is still better, and they're dps.
16) So long as there is no bitching or signs of obvious douchery, this is exactly how I'll act. I've seen soooo many fights from every role possible (9 85s) that very little surprises me anymore, and I've raided for years, so I'm used to owning up to my mistakes.
17) When I was leveling my prot pally I loved it when I got BRD and someone said, "Full clear?" and everyone agreed. You know you have a good group, and man, I had some GREAT groups and fond memories from those runs.
18) My poor pally LOVES and collects shields, but has a hard time getting upgrades. Not as much of a hard time as getting shoulder upgrades though. OMG /wrists
19) I won't lie, sometimes I get lost in dungeons like Maraudon. One time I stood under a huge dead stone mob so I could look at the map (thanks for that new looking-at-the-map character animation, Blizz!) because I didn't want the group to think, "Oh great, the newb tank is lost!!"
20) I hate getting shoulders (ironic^^) in the Satchel of Useless Goods. But not having to farm the Xmog gear later will be nice.
The thing about tanking dungeons (for pugs) is that it seems like the dps expect the tank to be flawless, omnipotent, omniscient, and have perfect patience... but the dps are allowed to screw up, not know their class, and just generally fail. And they feel like they can rip you apart through the whole dungeon, even if they are the actual problem, not you. This applies to max level as well as while leveling. People wonder why good tanks are hard to find and queues take forever because no tanks are around. It's stuff like all this that makes them switch to dps or only tank for friends.
Dec 14th 2011 7:19PM No, that's not how it will work, now.
The raid finder version of that robe will now only be EQUIPABLE by Priests. Even if a Priest traded it to your Mage, it's nothing more than a crystal or vendor trash for you, now.
Dec 13th 2011 7:47PM I agree that it seems like a step in the right direction. Unfortunately, Blizz can't code for every situation possible, so I'm happy with what we can get, when we can get it. I could complain all day about the LFR groups I've been in, and actually, most of it wouldn't be loot based, but player based. But that's pugging for you.
Now if only we could get the role-based bonuses in 5-man dungeons, I'd be a happy player. I'm tired of my tank gear being ninja'ed by fail fury warriors and arrogant holy pallys.
Aug 16th 2008 3:21AM How nice of you to tell us about the hiatus. /sarcasm